Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This is getting embarrassing...

One of my goals was to take off some weight during the month. I figured that I could shoot for 10lbs and if I fell short at maybe 7 or 8 lbs I would be fine. What I didn't plan on was gaining weight. My total calorie deficit is 5533 calories which means I should have lost about1.5lbs. Not really that impressive but since it's better than I am actually doing maybe I should rethink things. First it's possible my weight gain is the result of water retention as I have had a few beers the last couple of days. Or it's possible that I am not calculating the calories consumed correctly. ApexFitness, the website I use for the BodyBugg (calorie counter) says that most people underestimate their portions. I think this is possible but I have been trying to be pretty accurate and estimate on the high side. That being said I think it's time to redouble my efforts. I am going to try to get a bit more exercise by taking the stairs at my office and trying to walk a bit during the day. We'll see the results soon.

Last year shortly after my heart attack I was able to lose some weight. One of the strong motivators was a bet I placed with my wife's father. We decided that we needed to both get down to 180lbs in a certain time frame. We could both make weight and it would be a tie but if either or both of us failed we would have to pose in a speedo for the family calendar. To the disappointment of many ladies we both made weight. But perhaps I need to coax another bet with Dan...hmm...

June 13
Weight: 190lbs
Calories Burned: 2661
Calories Consumed: 2521
Protein: 25%
Carbs: 46%
Fat: 29%
Total Calorie Deficit: 5533

No comments:

Post a Comment