Friday, June 24, 2011

Bending and breathing...

Dr. Dean Ornish is considered the world's leading expert on reversing heart disease. After my heart attack my cardiologist recommended I read his book on the subject. He advocated many things I expected such as a low fat diet and exercise and quitting smoking (not that I smoke). But he also suggested doing yoga and breathing exercises. This seemed a bit silly to me but he makes a very good case about stress relief and how yoga and breathing has been proven to lower stress. Try it!

Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease: The Only System Scientifically Proven to Reverse Heart Disease Without Drugs or Surgery

Downward Dog Your Way to a Better Mood is an article that shows some studies that suggest your mood can be enhanced by exercise and yoga. Don't judge it until you have tried it and according to one friend of mine the ratio of beautiful women to men is outstanding!

June 23
Weight: 186
Calories Burned: 2703
Calories Consumed: 2418
Protein: 23%
Carbs: 55%
Fat: 22%
Total Calorie Deficit: 11,602

No comments:

Post a Comment