Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My heart attack was not how I envisioned a heart attack. I had been exercising and got dizzy and just decided to drive home. 1/3 of people die during their first heart attack so it really is critical to recognize the symptoms and quickly call 911. I didn't realize I was having a heart attack even though I have poor family medical history and that is fairly common. Most people think you have  pressure on your chest and that it is obvious. My experience was different. I was confused and out of breath but I wouldn't describe it as chest pain. I also didn't experience pain in the jaw which is common.

The American Heart Association has an article dealing with recognizing heart attacks called 911- Warning Signs of a Heart Attack. It's brief and worth a look. Check it out.

June 21
Weight: 186
Calories Burned: 2770
Calories Consumed: 1855
Protein: 17%
Carbs: 40%
Fat:43% - lots of unsaturated fat but this is way to high
Total Calorie Deficit: 10,817

No comments:

Post a Comment