Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Let's start cooking...

Eating a low fat diet requires going out to lunch or dinner less often. This means I have to prepare food in advance and since I don't have lots of extra time I find that means cooking ends up meaning nuking. I have found some pretty low fat tasty foods at Costco. The two items below are a couple of my favorites. The soufle is made with egg whites (no cholesterol) and is surprisingly tasty and easy to make. It has 140 calories and only 5 calories from fat. The burrito is 260 calories and 10 calories from fat.


I also like to prepare some foods from scratch at home. Since I am no chef it needs to be easy to make. I have found that I can make some delicious meals by buying some vegetables and chopping them up and throwing them in a crockpot with some spices. Add some pasta and you have a meal that cooks while you are at work.


June 7th
Weight: 189
Calories consumed: 1599
Calories burned: 2784
Protein: 22%
Carbs: 56%
Fat: 22%
Total Deficit: 2789

No comments:

Post a Comment