Thursday, June 9, 2011

The fairer sex

Did you know that the leading killer of women is Cardiovascular Disease? It kills 1/3 of all women which is more than breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and cervical cancer kill combined. Women also tend to have more mild warning signs. People have asked me what having a heart attack is like. Well I didn't realize I was having one. I did feel some shortness of breath but I nearly went home where I would have gone to bed and hoped I felt better later. This would have been the worst thing I could have done. Heart attacks damage your heart tissue and the longer a blockage occurs the more permanent damage is done. When in doubt call 911.

Below is a link to an article on the warning signs of a heart attack for women.
http://www.realage.com/check-your-health/womens-health/hidden-heart-attack-signs-in-women

June 8
Weight: 188lbs
Calories consumed: 1736
Calories burned: 2657
Protein: 19%
Carbs: 66%
Fat: 15%
Total Calorie Deficit: 3710

1 comment:

  1. John - I love this! I'll be following if I can figure out how to do that. At least I found blogspot.

    You should feel GREAT about the work that you have done since last year. A lot of people would have just sat back and played the odds again once they felt better, but you took the bull by the cahones and really did what need to happen. You inspire ME to keep running and doing what needs to be done as we get older! Stick with it brother!

    ReplyDelete