Monday, June 20, 2011

The perfect meal - tacos and beer

Mexican food is not often conducive to a healthy lifestyle but I love Mexican food so I have had to become creative. Fish tacos can be made healthy while remaining tasty. We get frozen tilapia from Costco and then cook it in a frying pan with water and seasoning (covered to keep it moist). Add finely chopped red peppers and/or cabbage. It will also need a special sauce. This can derail your low-fat ambitions so I use a mix of hot sauce and fat-free sourcream. Heat up some corn tortillas directly on a gas burner (no oil) and you have low fat fish tacos. Crack a brew (my personal home brew below) and the meal is complete. And the best news about beer is it's always fat free!


Total Calorie Deficit: 9489
June 17
Weight: 187lbs
Calories Consumed: 1204
Calories Burned: 2830
Protein: 29%
Carbs: 50%
Fat: 21%
Total Calorie Deficit: 8830

June 18
Weight: 186 lbs
Calories Consumed: 2547
Calories Burned: 3149
Protein: 21%
Carbs: 55%
Fat: 24%
Total Calorie Deficit: 9432

June 19
Weight: 186lbs
Calories Consumed: 2614
Calories Burned: 2671
Protein: 17%
Carbs: 59%
Fat: 24%

2 comments:

  1. Try non-fat greek yogurt with hot sauce. I like it better than fat-free sour cream (which I think tastes funny). Also greek yogurt is really high in protein, and calcium (both of which I need).

    I'm enjoying your blog John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non-fat Greek yogurt rocks!

    ReplyDelete