Friday, June 3, 2011

Gearing up...

Sunday is the start, the anniversary of it all. I am getting set to embark on 30 days of absolute heart health. My plan is to eat well, exercise, avoid stress, and take my medicine (currently on Lipitor and an aspirin regime) and hopefully lose some weight just in time for the beach weather! I plan to be completely strict and go back to slightly less healthy lifestyle beginning July 4th. If this is successful I will try to do this year after year.

I am going to monitor the amount of calories I burn using a Body Bugg. I will also monitor the calories I consume using the Apex website and my handy dandy home food scale. I'll let you know how it's actually going including my weight. I should have some diet & recipe tips and some facts & references for you on heart disease.

Heart disease is the leading cause of death in America with over 25% of all deaths. I hope this blog inspires you to take action. I thought I had a few more years to get healthy but it turns out it's never to early to get started. What are you waiting for?
http://www.howtolivealongerlife.com/2009/07/leading-causes-of-death-in-us.html