Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Renewing my vows...

Recent events and my own lack of discipline have allowed me to veer off course. Time to make adjustments. I have found that I am averaging about 2716 calories burned per day. I am going to kick it up a level and try to hit 3,000 calories per day. This will involve some power walks at lunch etc. I will also shoot at keeping my calories consumed to under 2,000 per day and my fat intake under 20%.

According to a story published in the WSJ (click to see video) Interval Training may be better for your heart than regular training. The story includes the usual disclaimer of contact your physician for approval but makes some interesting points nonetheless.

Kathryn made one of my favorite meals last night....pizza and beer. Actually I made the beer but the pizza was all hers. She made the dough with our bread machine and its so easy a husband can do it but it takes some time (not effort). It's a super low fat dough but it cooks nicely and you would never know that its low fat. Then she added non-fat ricotta cheese and some low fat mozzarella. We chopped up some tomatoes and red peppers to complete the masterpiece after adding some low fat pepperoni (only 35% calories from fat). We made a second pizza that but avoided almost all of the fat by excluding the mozzarella and pepperoni.


Kathryn's awesome homemade pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment